The City of Loma Linda, The Loma Linda Chamber of Commerce, and The Lopers Club
Present the 23rd Annual
Inaugural Half Marathon & 5K Run or Walk & Elves Trot for Children
Sunday, December 2, 2012
Join us for the largest HOLIDAY RACING EVENT in the Inland Empire!
Thank you to all the volunteers and participants that made this year's Holiday Classic a success.
A link of the race results is located on the Home Page of the Loper website.
We look forward to your participation in December 2013.
- Race starts near the Loma Linda Civic Center, Corner of Barton Rd. and Loma Linda Dr. in Loma Linda. Parking is available off of Benton, one block south of Barton Rd. Click here for Mapquest map.
Race Start Times
- 7:00 a.m.: Inaugural Half Marathon and 5K run and walk
- 8:00 a.m.: Elves Trot-about 1/4 mile (for children ages 3 through 6 years)
Registration and Chip/Bib Pick-up Options
- You can register online by clicking here. Early registrants (by October 31) are guaranteed long-sleeved shirts (if opted to pay). Note: the last day for on-line registration is Monday, November 26, 2012.
- If you are not using the online registration, you can use the printable race application form--one per person Click here for race application. Print, fill out, and mail the form with a check for the required amount to The Lopers Club, P.O. Box 495, Loma Linda, CA 92354.
- Pre-registration and chip/bib pick-up is available on Saturday, December 1 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Loma Linda Civic Center, 25541 Barton Rd. in Loma Linda (corner of Loma Linda Dr. and Barton Rd.; enter the driveway to the right of the fire station and go to the back parking lot). (Click here for Mapquest map). Anyone registering after October 31 will get shirts after the race if they are available.
- You can also register on race day at a higher price. Race day registration begins at 6:00 a.m.
- Anyone registering after October 31 will get shirts after the race, if they are available.
- Free breakfast for all Half Marathon and 5K participants beginning at 7:30 AM. (Must show race number; Elves Trot excluded.)
- Breakfast for non-participants available for $4.00 per adult or $3.50 per child 12 or under.
- Sponsored by the Crossroads Rotary Club of San Bernardino.
Click here for course information
- 5K race: One water stop at approximately 1 ¾ miles.
- Half Marathon: Eight water stops. The first and last water stops will have water only; all others have water and Gatorade. Approximate mileage of water stops: 1 ¾, 2 ¾, 4 ½, 6 ¼, 7 ¾, 9 ½, 11 ¼, and 12 ¼.
- Porta-Potties: Available on the Half Marathon course at four of the water stops at approximately the following miles: 2 ¾, 6 ¼, 7 ¾, and 11 ¼. There will be no porta-potties on the 5K course.
- Finishers' medals to all Half Marathon and 5K finishers
- Medals awarded to top three finishers in each age group, male and female, Half Marathon and 5K. Age divisions for the Half Marathon: 17 & under, 18-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, & 80+. Age divisions for the 5K also include: 7-9, 10-12, 13-15, 16-19, and 20-24.
- Trophies awarded to overall male and female winners of each race
- Santa Claus Medals to all Elves who register
- Note: All medals and trophies awarded must be picked up on the day of the race. They will not be mailed.
Half Marathon with shirt (before September 30): $55
Half Marathon without shirt (before September 30): $45
Half Marathon with shirt (October 1 – October 31): $60
Half Marathon without shirt (October 1 – October 31): $50
Half Marathon (October 31 – December 1 *see below for shirt information): $65
Half Marathon Race Day Registration (December 2 *see below for shirt information): $70
5K with shirt (before September 30): $40
5K without shirt (before September 30): $30
5K with shirt (October 1 – October 31): $43
5K without shirt (October – October 31): $33
5K (October 31 – December 1 *see below for shirt information): $45
5K Race Day Registration (December 2 *see below for shirt information): $50
- Teams of 10 or more: If you are signing up with a group of at least 10, you may deduct $5 from your registration fee. It does not matter if some are registering for the 5K and some are registering for the Half Marathon; as long as there are at least 10 registering at one time. This is not available by on-line registration. You must print off the registration form and submit the forms by mail to: The Lopers, P.O. Box 495, Loma Linda, California 92354 before October 31. Make checks payable to: The Lopers Club. If you are from a charity or government agency (i.e. police, fireman, military, etc.) and have a team of 10 or more, please contact the race director at email@example.com for even more savings.
- Elves Trot (shirt and pancake breakfast not included):
Until October 31: $5
After October 31: $10
*Half Marathon and 5K shirts not guaranteed after October 31 sign-up and will be provided based on availability after the race. To ensure your shirt, please sign up before October 31.
Click here for volunteer information
- Chip timing will be used.
- NO REFUNDS. Race will take place rain or shine!
- If you have questions or special requests concerning the race, please contact the Race Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click Here for Holiday Classic FAQ